Agency for Cooperation, Education and Development ACED in cooperation with the Youth Communication Center OKC is implementing a project entitled ,,Student council network innovative sustainability initiative . ” The project is funded by EU EIDHR, and will be implemented from January 2016 to December 2018.
The overall project objective: To increase the sustainability of Grid tips / student councils and their networks, based on a common platform to advocate for students’ interests, which will contribute to their recognition by the school, municipal and state authorities and enable long-term sustainability of the Network tips / student councils in Bosnia and Herzegovina ( mreSVUBIH).
Objective: To develop functional mechanisms of sustainability and establish guiding Education Centre “European village” through engagement in Network tips / student councils in Bosnia and Herzegovina through advocacy and fundraising campaigns with the holders of projects and donors.
This project will include:
- at least 870 high school students, representatives of the Council / student councils from all secondary schools in BiH which will take part in training sessions and meetings for networking, capacity-building and advocacy;
- at least 144 representative council / student councils from 5 areas RS 10 cantons in FBiH and Brcko District to participate in the national campaign council / student council fundraising and donor conferences; at least 45 students from Bosnia and Herzegovina to attend the training for peer educators according to the methodology of leadership.
- institutional, organizational and technical capacity of school councils / student council improved in 290 secondary schools in Bosnia and Herzegovina;
- student council and their network authorized to participate in policy analysis, lobbying, advocacy and fundraising activities at regional and national level to improve the sustainability of their activities and the situation of youth in BiH;
- awareness of students’ rights throughout BiH increased through comprehensive national advocacy campaigns and fundraising;
- relevant ministries, the donor community and local companies of BiH through fundraising and corporate philanthropy campaign contributions to the establishment of Education Centre
,,European village” as a resource for the sustainability of the Network tips / student councils in BiH.